Kentucky Agriculture and Environment in the Classroom is proud to announce that we will be offering a new Kentucky Academic Standards-aligned curriculum with a horses and science theme this summer at the IN-PERSON Kentucky Farm Bureau Regional Teacher Workshops:
- Thursday, June 3 – Murray State University Equine Center, Murray
- Tuesday, June 8 – Western Kentucky University L.D. Brown Ag Expo Center, Bowling Green
- Thursday, June 10 – Overlook Events Center, Pikeville
- Tuesday, June 15 – Kentucky Horse Park, Lexington
- Thursday, June 17 – Kentucky Derby Museum, Louisville
The curriculum, that meets several third and fourth grade NGSS science standards, was written by Kentucky teacher and horse enthusiast Jennifer McNulty. Her set of lessons and hands-on training are being made available to teachers thanks to a partnership with the Kentucky Agriculture and Environment in the Classroom, the Kentucky Department of Agriculture, the Kentucky Agricultural Development Fund, Kentucky Farm Bureau, and the Kentucky Horse Council.
Learn more about the curriculum and workshops at https://www.teachkyag.org/horsescience.